Category Archives: Sarah Jessica Parker
>Jack is not coming out. He’s very comfortable. I, on the other hand, am very uncomfortable. What we have here, folks, is a failure to launch.
I know Jack isn’t due until October 13th. I understand that he’ll come when he’s ready. I just don’t know how much more of this I can take. To a certain extent, it’s not even the pregnancy that is driving me crazy. It’s the being home alone with very little to do. I’m not really a good housewife candidate.
Here is what a typical day is like for me:
- Wake up when my husband’s alarm goes off.
- Ignore his “go back to sleep” command.
- Stay in bed and watch him iron his clothes and head out for work.
- Attempt to go back to sleep.
- Exit the bedroom, still in jammies, and greet cats.
- Make a cup of tea and allow it to steep.
- Check email. facebook, and RSS feed while watching my neighbors with a life walk their dogs, go for jogs, and leave for work.
- Realize that an hour has passed and I forgot my tea. Start the tea process again.
- Take phone calls and texts from my mother and friends where the answer is essentially “NO, I have not have the baby yet.”
- Remember the tea. (Awesome. Earl Gray, I love you.)
- Pace around the house, talk to the cats, and struggle to think of things to do.
- Do laundry. We always have at least one load since we have a tiny washer.
- Consider making a baked good despite the fact that I probably won’t eat it and my husband probably can’t eat it.
- Take another round of phone calls in which the answer is still “No, I haven’t had the baby yet.”
- Attempt to take nap and fail.
- Fold the laundry.
- Wait for my husband to get home and sometime watch Dancing with the Stars.
I’m not a whiner, but I can’t wait until Jack gets here. I know that the next couple of months will be hard and that I’ll basically be begging God to let me sleep just a little, but at least I’ll have a focus.