Green Iguana – Dale Mabry
Monday, I went to lunch with Cameron. He wanted me to visit the Green Iguana and he was singing it’s praises.
We arrived and we were seated immediately. The restaurant was about half full at 12:15pm with business casual lunch customers. There are flat screens on most walls with multiple sports channels on and the restaurant has a tiki – beach party theme.
We had Jack with us and he was happily bouncing all over the place. We ordered the Hummus for an appetizer. I ordered the fish and chips, but substituted steamed veggies for the chips because I ordered chicken tenders and fries for Jack and I knew he wouldn’t eat them. Cameron ordered the Mojo pork Sandwich which came with fries. We ordered the Dulce de leche fried cheesecake for the grande finale.
Here’s how I felt about the food:
- The Hummus – I have had some serious hummus in my life and this was on par with the best of them. I was very happy.
- The Fish – Amazing. It was fried perfectly.
- The Chips/Fries – They are crinkle cut fries. They do have some skin on them, which is nice, but they’re not my thing. However, they were perfectly crispy.
- The Steamed Veggies – These were, sadly, a disappointment. They arrived wilted and cold as if they had been steamed an hour before.
- The Chicken Tenders – These are hand breaded and cooked well, but I thought the breading was a little coarse for my preference.
- The Mojo Pork Sandwich – Cameron said it was “Awesome” except it is covered with a ton of whole cilantro which he hates.
- The Dulce de Leche Fried Cheesecake – This was the perfect ending to our meal. It was rich and creamy and surrounded by a crunch pastry like a flauta. I ate the whole thing by myself.