DIY Huggies Lil’ Movers Slip On Diapers
A few days ago I saw a commercial for Huggies Lil’ Movers Slip On Diapers. I thought two things.
- Seems like a decent idea.
- Too bad they are made by Huggies, the most expensive diaper brand I can think of.
As I fought to change Jack’s diaper later, I recalled the commercial and came to a realization. The solution provided is a diaper with the side already done up. There is no reason any rational person can’t figure this out! Here are the steps in painstaking detail:
- Look at the diaper the child is presently wearing. Note where the tabs are.
- While the child roams free (or sits in his play pen or thinks about world peace) spread the diaper out just as you would if you were putting it on the baby.
- Bring the front of the diaper up and place tabs where you saw them in step 1.
- Remove previous diaper, clean child quickly, and then slip the diaper on.
That’s all there is to it. The diapers generally stretch already. I used Target Brand diapers in my test, but any slightly stretchy brand will do.
If you have a tendency to attempt to suffocate your child’s lower half with a tight diaper this won’t work for you, but the slip on’s won’t work either because they won’t be tight enough for your preference.