>How Not to Impress the Folks at the Diabetes Institute.
- When asked to show up early to fill out paperwork for a class that starts at 2:30pm, show up at 2:27pm.
- Conveniently run out of test strips during the class.
- After conveniently running out of test strips, have your sugar crash.
- When the instructor notices that you’ve suddenly started sweating, shaking, and breathing hard and asks you if you are ok, completely burst into tears and wail “I DON’T KNOW!”
- Borrow another test strip from a fellow student and show the teacher your ridiculously low score, sending her into a fury getting you both glucose tablets and a glucose drink.
- Allow the teacher and the class to discuss everything you ate for the last 24 hours and discover that you have completely failed to have anything resembling a normal carbohydrate intake. Green beans, despite the fact that I’ve eaten a ton of them, are not carbs.
The class was very informative and it helped me to see that I need to eat more and more often. To combat yesterday’s problem, I brought my appropriate snack bag.