>In sickness even when it’s stealth.
>I woke up this morning and I was cheerful. My cats were hopping around yelling at me to wake up. I was tired, but not overly so. I showered and found something clean to wear. I haven’t been hungry for the last week, so in keeping with that I decided to skip breakfast and have a bagel at work. I then began to brush my teeth.
I brush my teeth several times a day. I don’t like it when they feel dirty, so if I feel less than fresh I brush. I also keep a toothbrush nearly everywhere I could be when I am feeling less than fresh. I am skilled in the usage of toothbrushes. This morning I was brushing away and humming happily (I do know that I am a dork,) when suddenly I was compelled to vomit. I had hoped that I had merely gagged myself by brushing a tad to vigorously, but that was not the case. It was just freaking lovely puking up ABSOLUTELY NOTHING for ten minutes.
I decided to take my tempature because even though I can’t afford to be sick, I’m a salaried employee. If I’m puking at home my employees still get paid. I was not happy to see that I had a temperature of 100F. I was already dressed for work and I have a lot of work to do, so I decided to come in this morning and knock a few things out before going home and being furious.
I do not get sick. I DO NOT get sick. I don’t even FEEL sick (except for the fever and vomiting)! This is not acceptable. I am supposed to have my children this weekend and that is not happening because they can’t afford to get sick either. GREAT. I have to sit at home and do NOTHING. I hate that. I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. I am so furious that I want to throw things. I don’t have a bad temper, but it makes me very angry when my body fails me. I am a freaking warrior. I don’t get sick. This is not possible.
Now that I am done acting like a child I have decided to make a list of things to do this weekend.
Things to Do While Being Sick
- Prepare paperwork from the Relay for Life Potluck.
- Clean the bathroom.
- Mop the floors since my idiot brother sprayed beer all over my living room and office area as I walked in the door last night.
- Write a letter to my little brother in the big house with actual pen and paper.
- Research and write for the Hotbuckles blog.
- Play stupid video games in my underpants while my brother is at work.
- Read the books Sadia lent me this week.
- Call my mother and see if she will still let me come over tomorrow to walk the dog and do laundry.
- (If Mom lets me come over) get her to wax my eyebrows.
- Work on a severely neglected website project that I think holds a lot of potential.
- Sleep. (Please envision me scowling at the prospect of sleeping away my free time.)
- (If I don’t have a fever Sunday) Pick up the kids and take them out to lunch at a restaurant of their choosing, but not McDonald’s for the love of goodness.
So, that is what I will be doing. I have to stop typing now. My eyes are on fire and I’m really dizzy suddenly. If you look to your left you will see my Twitter widget. I will update and let you all know I am alive.